Whirlwind and XXX in the Olive Garden.

Yep I'm still coughing but feeling better. Had an inpromptu sort of weekend. Visitors from the big city of Cullowhee came to stay until Saturday afternoon. We had a nice time seeing the sights and the huge waves from Hurricane Bill, and eating lots of food. I gave them a free tour of the museum, and introduced them to the George on the riverwalk. Hopefully, they had a good time. :) By the way, Desi was allowed in my room, so that rule is now half-moot. I will now allow him to sleep in there until the wee hours of the morning. I kick him out before he starts going wild. He has already caused some destruction.

Anyway, Saturday evening, I headed to Raleigh with a friend who was just as sick as I was, so we had a nice coughing chorus going in the car ride. We had a late dinner at Olive Garden's all you can eat pasta night, (I know I've left out about a million hyphens here but they are not always so convenient to type) where we all saw something we'd never seen before, much less at an Olive Garden. Picture Julia Roberts from Pretty Woman, in her trashiest hooker garb and take off about 10 inches of fabric in all the wrong places. Yes, we saw a woman wearing a cut out "dress?" with holes on the side so her side/belly were exposed. It was short enough to be able to tell she was NOT wearing underwear and as she walked away, you could see things one isn't supposed to see, much less, in an Olive Garden. She didn't look cute. I've seen scantily clad gals in clubs, but this didn't even come close. It was beyond. Everyone turned to look and stare in AWE and disbelief. I thought I was hallucinating. It was like a trainwreck. Couldn't look away, although now, it is sad the image is ingrained inside my head and the rest of the people that saw this sight at the Raleigh Olive Garden.... The hostess said they were out celebrating her birthday. Her man friend or boyfriend or customer or whoever, led her around carrying glasses of wine. Leaving a trail of snickering, stares, and open mouths behind them.

Who am I to judge how someone dresses, but you have to have common decency. We were in a family establishment for crying out loud. It wasn't the strip club. IT WAS AN OLIVE GARDEN. Sorry, I know I've said it a few times but I am still in shock.


Pause to recoup.


Well, Sunday, we drove to Virginia for a family reunion. Well, I crashed my friend's family reunion. Then back to Cary for a concert at the Koka Booth Regency Ampitheatre, which might I add was a killer venue that I hope to go to again, to see O.A.R. With tickets that were bought instead of won. My friend won a radio contest to see O.A.R. little did we know, for the show in Charleston the night before, so instead of being bummed, we created our own fun and just bought the stupid tickets for the Cary show. It was worth it. Great show. Not as awesome as the Avett's, but O.A.R. is nice and jammy and happy.

Sigh. Breathe. Funny how things happen all at once. I'll have a jam-packed, unbelievable weekend and then nothing for weeks. Cough.



After much going back and forth and blah I may end up closing on my place this Thursday, as in yes, the day after tomorrow. WHIRLWIND. So, I may be a homeowner by the time this week is over with.........

I'm not sure why I felt the need to post my weekend's events. Maybe to show that I can still have fun and that I like spontaneity to some degree. Adventures are great and I think important to keep you young and stable. Did I say stable? Am I stable? hah. Yes, I think things are becoming steady :) I think sometimes you just gotta do it. You want it, go get it. Have fun.



Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts