Where Bad English Meets Travis Tritt

So, I woke up this morning with an 80's hair-band song in my head. I don't even know who it's by, or the name of the song, I just know some of the lyrics go, "When I see you smile...I can face the world. Ohh oh...you know I could do anything..." After a quick google just now, this song is by the group Bad English.

Was this in my dream? What is it with me lately and these weird dreams that I have? Who wakes up, and the second before your eyes open and you are fully conscious, starts singing an 80's rock song? Perhaps there was a late-night commercial pushing
80's rock song compilation albums and this one played while I dozed? The tv was off when I woke up this morning, however. Hmm. The mystery continues.

My kitten has discovered my bedroom. We play a game in the mornings now because once he hears me stirring a bit, he starts to cry at the door and push his little paws as far under the door crack as possible as if to say, "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE for the love of cheezits let me in there. I'll just die." So, once I open the door, he shoots past me, to the corner of my bed and hides for a second. I go about my business while he explores the room a bit, and shortly before I leave, I coax him out with some treats, and he is easily directed back to playing in the living room.

It is never hard to get him to comply. He is very very easy-going and chilled out for the most part. Perfect. I've had cats all my life, (except for the past few years living here) but I grew up with them, and I never let them in my room at night, really b/c they would scare the crap out of me while I was trying to sleep. (Jumping and playing and getting in my face and all that.) Desi and I have shared a room once, when I took him down to Southport to meet family, and after that restless night, it will be a while before we try it again~!

I plan to let my bedroom door open when I move into the new, bigger place. I can't wait until he has more room to roam around and play. I will also start to take Zyrtec so that I will be able to sleep at night restfully, after a cat may or may have not slept on my pillow just hours earlier and left his dander lying around...

My closing date is set for September 2, so I have a lot to do. Putting in floors, painting, oh and that annoying packing and actually moving thing. I turned in my notice at my rental place, so it is done. I will have to be moved in before September 30! :) Surreal, kinda.

A lot happens fast sometimes.

Someone recently said I should feel "accomplished." Like I normally do, I shy away from any sort of compliment but just like with finishing graduate school, that is true. It is okay for me to feel accomplished with my life to this point. Part of my emotional masochistic thing though, thought that this person was pitying me because I don't have a husband or a family yet, but yet despite that "humiliation," I should still be proud.

Maybe I'm projecting an insecurity, but I have learned not to trust as much as I used to. (or is it too here?)

Anyway. I'm not so sure I would look at having a family as a "goal" to accomplish anyway. It's not like school, you can't just go out and do it and get a degree at the end to show for it. Not something you can check off some list of to-do's, even though I know some people operate that way. (not anyone in my immediate circle...we are smart, strong women~ hear us roar rrrrraraaarrrr! or something like that.)


When it's right, it will be right and I'll know it.



I've been struggling with this humiliation thing lately. Does that mean I have too much pride? And it's not with everything, just particular things that come up from time to time where my emotions take center stage. Dangerous place for emotions to be. That's when irrational things are thought, done, said, exposed... Blech. I gag every single time I clean my kitten's litter box. Every single time. Actually vomited once. It's the things we do for love or "love" that humiliate us in the long run.

Well, I realize how things I say can make me sound on here. Eh. Take it or leave it. It's me. :)


"It's a great day to be alive
I know the sun's still shinin when I close my eyes
There's some hard times in the neigborhood
But why can't every day be just this good?"

Why it can be just this good, Travis. It can! :)

Comments

Popular Posts