Funny the way it is

"...When you think about it. Somebody's going hungry and someone else is eating out. Funny the way it is, not right or wrong. Somebody’s heart is broken and it becomes your favorite song..."

Yeah. Life is like that. I don't know if it's exactly ironic. But it's some kind of funny. Sadly. Bittersweet. Conflicting.

There is a Widespread Panic song called "Ain't Life Grand." I have a pic of the Grand Canyon as my phone background that I took when I was out there last April(when life was much much different for me.) The banner across the top of my phone says: AintLifGrand b/c that is all that would fit. The song of course is being ironic. Sarcastic. Bad things happen. Life's grand like that. I keep that banner on my phone as a tribute that time in my life. A reminder that attitude is everything. Perception. Beliefs. Authenticity. And it's just also a cool line to have above a picture of the Grand Canyon...

Anyway, forgive that sort of meanderance; the DMB song that I'm quoting at the beginning of this post has a similar message. I have to explain that I have always had a love/hate relationship with the DMB. It was one of those things, like Rainbow Sandals, that I avoided and refused to like b/c the masses did and I thought I was cool and rebellious and all that baloney. Until I listened for myself and felt the music and learned more about the band and got past the stupid singles they had out in the early 90's like "What would you say" or whatever. There is much substance and just good music. (I'm not as die-hard a fan as I once was b/c there are some hopelessness to some of their songs and some things I don't agree with, but there are still a few here and there that I very much enjoy.)

Not that any of you need an explanation or care really about my thoughts on the Dave Matthews Band. I just feel like I have to justify or defend everything about me. Every decision. Every choice. Every mistake. Who am I trying to prove myself to?



Well, lighter note: I did finally put my foot in a Rainbow Sandal, and wow. Good arch support. I now own four pairs. Funny the way it is...some people don't even have shoes...

I apologize in advance for this choppy blog. But it mirrors my life right now. Seemingly trying to make sense, and be myself, and love my world.





The actual video wasn't able to be embedded, but you can just listen to the song. I would if I were you:




This is a link to the actual video if you want to see it. It is worth checking out, if you don't think this kind of music and videos are a waste of time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew8hmVIGKcM




There will always be situations like this in this life. There will always be things unfair. Bad things will happen to good people. Good things will happen to bad people. (Pslam 73)

But, Life IS Grand. To be alive. To be thankful. I don't want to spend too much time thinking about it in the ironical sense. B/c then, my attitude turns bad. I don't need more negativity. I need to be better focused. I need to get off myself. I need to cherish what I have. Renew my mind and get out of this mire my head is in tonight.

I know I must sound crazy. But everyone is, in their own way...

Comments

Popular Posts