True Beauty

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine cloths. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 1 Peter 3:3-4

At church yesterday, in a different forum than normal, Pastor Mike had a woman come up and address the women. She said she taught the above verse to her daughter at a young age. She hopes her daughter will grow to not compare herself to other women, and get so caught up in the physical outward appearance. I think that is beautiful. Definitely goes against the world's standards. My hope is to be a woman of inner beauty. I long to inhabit a gentle and quiet existence, peaceful spirit, and loving to all, not just those who choose to love me back.

I'm currently reading a book called Crazy Love by Francis Chan. Very good. It's a quick read, but packed with amazing stuff. He breaks it down. He is real. It's one of those books you read that you just wish everyone you know would...

Check out the site...www.crazylovebook.com

See my church...www.portcitychurch.org. You can actually watch what I saw on Sunday

Comments

Popular Posts