Ball of Nerves

Well, I am leaving this weekend to go to my final residency in Charlotte for my MFA. I will graduate on May 30, exactly ten days from now. Wow. I didn't realize it was only ten days from now until I just thought about it... Do you know what has to transpire in these ten days to get me to the end??

Sheesh.

Well, like I have said before, I am nothing if not a tad emotional and dramatic, but hey man, I can't help it that things are a big deal to me.

I am in the midst of learning two new jobs... I got an upgrade at the museum, so I won't exactly be working for GWACA anymore. I will be during the transition of getting a new person in here for that, but after then, I am quite sad to say I won't work for the arts council-entity of Wilmington anymore. (www.gwaca.org)
But that job would not likely become full-time for years.

Even though NHC is on a very strict hiring freeze, I was able to slide into a position at the museum. ONLY because the position is through a non-profit that operates in the museum to work mainly in bookkeeping, fund development, and membership. My heart is in non-profits, so I am glad I am actually working for two! (and functional and ethical ones!)

Even though I am back in the world of numbers and ledgers, I am okay with this (for now) as I have been able to learn it enough to do the job satisfactorily (sp?) in my fledgling professional life!

It is still only max 30 hrs a week, but that happened to coincide rather well w/ my new position as Office Manager at WARM, which is also downtown, a few seconds away from the museum. So, I now get up early in the mornings, like the rest of the working world!, and work from 8am-530pm at both jobs, to about 44 hours total a week.

From someone that went from no job, to one job at 13hrs/week, to two jobs at over 40hrs/week, I can't complain in this economy!

I am thankful. (Thanks, God. I didn't see any of this coming.)

So, all of that to say that I am anxiously trying to learn and do well with both jobs, and prepare for my absence ALL NEXT WEEK. And I will miss two important functions while I am gone, but oh well. I'll do my best to prepare! (Boss lady knew I would be gone in advance anyway)

At home, I have about 1001 things to do...finish getting materials and practicing for my seminar I have to give...make sure I have my thesis ready to turn in...packing...meeting people for dinner...try to catch my shows' season finales...etc. :)

So that brings me to my biggest cause for my current nerve problem: PUBLIC SPEAKING.I will not be at rest about that until about 515 pm on Tuesday, May 26. At that exact time, I will have just finished my thesis reading, and my seminar would have been taught earlier that day at 1pm.

Ya'll will probably hear me sigh of relief all the way down here from Charlotte.

After that, I look forward to the rest of the week with my Queen's peeps, some of which I may never see again due to the fact they live across the country. :( But I am thankful for email. Just email. Not so much other forms of technology...

I know all of you couldn't care LESS about any of this, but sometimes it just helps me to vent. But perhaps if you do think of it, send some prayers my way for strength and courage to get through it all! Muchas Gracias!

Comments

Popular Posts