Let's make like fabric softner... and snuggle.

So, apparently the iPhone has a pick-up-line generator on it. Seriously?

Yeah, as if we need one more thing to waste our time during our already busy days, but anyway. Case and point, I am currently writing this blog, and now you are currently reading it. Everyone's a hypocrite. :)

I don't own an iPhone, but a friend of a friend does and as she was receiving these funny messages, she was then sending them on to me, and yes, I laughed.

I thought the above line I used as my title was actually...cute. And 'snuggling' moments are tender and gentle moments, and I am partial to those. Although they are tricky as well. Guard your heart. Closeness and intimacy like that are better revered in love and best revered in marriage. (I have learned, and well, God says the latter.)I know everyone's sensitivity here is different, but this is mine. I'd have to say, though, that if I let someone get close enough to 'snuggle' with me, then my heart is in it. So, all of this to say, live and learn and now my heart is guarded. (And my idea of snuggling is not necessarily the horizontal kind. I also consider sitting close on the couch, standing in embrace. If an arm is around me in any way for a longer period of time than just a "hey good to see you hug," than my heart is getting bigger.)

I know that I fall way too easily, so that it is good that I have learned more about myself in this manner to be better about protecting myself. There is a book about the languages of love (by Gary Chapman) and I never thought that physical would be one of mine, but I have learned that it is. And minor touches do the trick. I am also a bit of the affirmation-language. I need to be touched and told! haha. The book is an interesting read, if you are interested, check it out at any bookstore etc.

Anyway, love is on my mind a lot. Life is a journey--I know---and if you call yourself a Christian, you are constantly learning and transforming to be more loving, non-judgmental, compassionate, self-controlled, joyous---Like Jesus. I want to be a loving person. What a great thing to be known for. Instead of all the mistakes I've made to define me, what if it were love instead?

I have a confession to make. Feel special, b/c I haven't admitted this to too many people, so now it is public knowledge, forever burned into cyberspace that my grand kids will one day dig up and show me again on their iPhone 79780890 technology with 9999999 gigs of memory or whatever.

I did the online dating thing.

Okay okay. I know, I couldn't believe it either. But this was my reasoning:

I had a part time job where I worked with basically no one. (And even now, that I have two fantastic part-time jobs that are paying me more than I have ever made--another blog another time--I am working w/ all women.)

I don't really 'go out' anymore so to speak, and I've always believed since I was old enough to be in one, that you're never gonna meet your "soul mate" in a bar anyway.

I volunteer with all women.

None of my girlfriends have boyfriends that have suitable friends to introduce me to.

And that is, in a nutshell, my life.

Not that I am not happy with it.

But I begrudgingly decided that I would try this thing. I just wanted to meet new people--new friends. Have someone new to hang out with. I'm not looking to meet my husband online. Not ruling it out, but also not wholeheartedly expecting it. I have seen it work for people though. Love, marriage, AND babies.

I don't date. Never have really. I am kind of a one-dude kind of gal. I like relationships, because that's when you really get to know someone. I'd much rather spend most of my time with one person getting to know them, rather than barely spending time with lots of people and just "having fun." Sound nuts?

I really think that most people can get a long. Most people can mesh or make it work. I guess I have naive expectations about love. I also guess sometimes it truly doesn't work with people but you can usually tell that after like, one or two meetings with them. I don't think I've ever not gotten along well with anyone that I've let into my relational field. I don't think I've ever not truly meshed with any of them (all 2.5 of them (yeah, the half is from a long, long time ago...another blog! haha), BUT we just didn't make it work. Due to many and usually crazy circumstances on both parties... Perhaps, haha, they would have a different story, but that is what I see now when I'm looking back. :)

Sometimes I wish I could be more emotionless and less attached. But I'm not, and I can't. So, someone will someday accept that and stick with me. And love me.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. (1 Cor. 13:4-8)

I'm so glad God does this for me. He loves me this much. That IS how He loves, and that is how I am learning to love. Unconditionally. Undeservedly. Unfailingly.
Yeah, I fall way short of perfection, but this is the goal I want to be prayerfully working towards...to be always loving and forgiving...in all things.


For now, the online thing is on the back burner. I've met a few very nice new friends.

But it's just gonna happen when it happens. Whenever the timing is right.

Comments

Popular Posts