Grieving

I guess it is a given that we grieve when we lose something we love. I've had a few lessons in grief this past year...over things that I would never even think would warrant it. But sometimes your soul literally has to just be broken and sad. It is natural. God-ordained even. I always remember the shortest line in the Bible: "Jesus wept." (It is somewhere in the book of John) Now, I do realize the grief Jesus felt is on a different level than what we experience. I mean, Jesus bore the grief of the entire world, past, present, and future. That would kill us. But I know that sometimes we do experience the kind of grief that we feel as if could kill us. Depending on the circumstance, and how dramatic and emotional you are. I tend to be a about 2/3 cup emotional and 1/3 cup dramatic. That equals a whole, right? Yes it does. The denominators are the same, so the numerators can be added! :) Hmm. Guess I need to go back to elementary math. (Yeah, and I've worked in accounting for the past two years! hah)

Well, today I was grieving again. My cat of 11 years was killed this morning. He only had one eye, but he was still healthy and handsome. He was our fluffy, Garfield-like, really-loving-when-he wanted-to-be kitty. His name was Sunny, but he was often called and responded to "Sun Sun" just the same. Here are a few older photos, where he still had both eyes, they are not the best of quality:

Photobucket


Here, he is the one balled up in the center:

Photobucket

(my mother is also in these photos, and the other cat is Hobie Cat, and the dog is Nebo. Hobie was a homeless rescue, hence a hobo, so he became Hobie Cat. Nebo was a neighbor's dog, and they moved and couldn't take him, so my mom and stepdad took him in. We also used to have two goldens, and a slew of other kitties throughout the years and have left a trail of pet cemeteries in the backyards of houses we have lived in...)


I know it hurts when a pet dies. They are family, and loved. I will say I had a touch of feeling sorry for myself today. I'm tired of losing all the men in my life that I love to something else! But I did seek some retail therapy, and bought a few things that I haven't been able to the past four months since I wasn't fully employed. Now that I am, I am enjoying that a little. Another lighter note, literally, I am 21.6 pounds lighter...and counting.

So, rest in peace, Sunny "Sun Sun." We'll miss you and always love you.

Comments

Popular Posts