Today is the greatest

It's not really. I have just been listening to that song really loud in my car for the past few days. It really is a great song. I could listen to the beginning over and over and over again. Smashing Pumpkins has a very distinct guitar sound. I'm not technical, so I don't know the right words, but even before you hear Billy Corgan's even more distinct voice, you could probably tell it is SP by the guitar. I guess it is another nostalgic 90s music moment for me. I definitely cannot stomach all the SP songs I used to. Some are too dark and I am not attracted to all of that anymore. But Today isn't so bad. To me anyway. I guess everyone's sensitivity is different. Although, I think Billy was being ironic and wrote this song when he was really depressed. But who wasn't depressed in the world of alternative music in the 90s? You don't have to think about that when you listen to the song. :)


Pink ribbon scars
That never forget
I tried so hard
To cleanse these regrets
My angel wings
Were bruised and restrained
My belly stings

Today is the greatest day I've ever known


Kind of a conflict of feelings, isn't?
Talking about scars of regret, and then onto loving the day. I guess that is how it should be though. Just letting it all go, and just saying, TODAY IS THE GREATEST. Despite the rest. And along with some awesome music and guitar riffs in the background.

This is how I will look at it, anyway.




"Great music completely obliterates any concept of genre."--Billy Corgan

Comments

Popular Posts