Nothing Profound


I didn't blog over the weekend, which already breaks my goal of writing every day. But I cut myself some slack because I am writing more than I have been and well, you work up to your goals, right?

Yeah yeah, excuses! Love how I justify myself...to myself.

I am 22 weeks along today. The app on my phone says he is the size of a papaya. How about using some fruit reference that I know? I had to google it to really gauge the size. At the last scan, (the one I lament about a few posts ago) it showed he was 2 ounces bigger than "normal," so let's hope that trend doesn't keep up!

The pregnancy symptom that is at the forefront lately is emotional emotions. For some reason, I found myself crying all through the movie, "Sully," this weekend. Yes, it is a traumatic human event that is worth the tears, but I cried the most when humans stepped in to help and care for other humans. That seems like something so foreign now, in the age of cyber bullies and mean trolls hiding behind screens and keyboards on the interwebs.  And this selfish culture, that beats us on the head and in the eyes, all the time.

Today, I came across two things that help balance me out, give me laughter and smiles.

If you need a pick me up, watch the Baby Eagle or if you love The Office as much as I do,
take a few minutes and stroll through some funny memes for old times sake.

Nothing profound here. But not everything is or has to be.

Comments

Popular Posts