Adult:(noun) person who is forced to do a bunch of things she doesn't want to do



Today, I am having a hard time putting into words how I am feeling or what I am thinking. Being quick to respond and articulate have never been my strong suits, at least in speech. But I have always been able to write better than speak and would prefer that form of communication in, pretty much, all things. Work or play.

I have reached the "weepy" part of my pregnancy, as I have written about recently, and perhaps I have always felt emotions too deeply or too personally. Or maybe its irrationally or dramatically. I admit to that. But I am facing some stressful situations in this pregnancy, most of it outside of my control, and either I have an eerie calm about it, that can only be divine, or I am walking around the house sobbing, while my cat curiously and helplessly follows me from room to room.

Aside from that, lately, Facebook doesn't seem to be helping my mood as all it is now is angry people arguing and talking down to others about their points of view. I can't stand debates. I always get uncomfortable and feel bad for whoever is being shot down or made to feel stupid, invalid, unimportant, etc. And this goes for either side. I don't think I am living in a time of mutual respect. Maybe I am naive that such a time ever existed, at least in the land of politics...

Actually, I don't see much respect anywhere.

Well, all I can do is be respectful myself, right? I know what's right and wrong, so I will do my best to navigate this stressful time with as much respect for the people around me, even if they do not reciprocate or care. All the while I am just dreaming of going back home during the work day, to have no one but the cat around to cause any trouble.

That is a dream, except I guess I need to start envisioning a tiny baby boy, a human baby boy! alongside my big fat cat, Desi, following me around the house as I cry...




Comments

Popular Posts