Dear BCBS of NC Customer Service Department:

I just need to vent so my insides will quit bubbling with anger.

Okay, so maybe I'm overreacting and dramatic, but this just happened and I need to let it go. I just want to step on my soapbox and make a point.

I just got off the phone with a BCBS Customer Service Rep. One that seems to hate her job. Now, let me just say this. I have worked in customer service, worn the headset and had to fake-nice through millions of conversations with customers from all over. So, perhaps, if anyone can be sympathetic to this precarious and abhorred position, it's me. But maybe I'm also more critical as well. I expect respect. (And I'd like to think I always provided top notch customer service :) hehe

I am a nice person, no? I am polite, I don't talk down to or raise my voice. But this employee from BCBS pushed my buttons. Do not ever talk to me like I am stupid if I am paying (loads and loads of) money for the services provided by a company you work for. The CSR talked a mile a minute and sighed loudly with annoyance when I said, "I'm sorry?" as in what did you say? Her voice had a sound of disdain that made the temperatures rise a little bit. Now of course, I didn't raise my voice, but I matched her tone for tone (wrong, I know) and I could feel my face turning red. That is generally how it works too. People feed off each other. That is why it is important to keep things even-keel. I didn't call to cause problems. I am delightful until you give me a reason not to be, and even then, I'm still not yelling or making you cry. Sounds nuts, but really that does happen in the world of customer service. And I am tolerant, but I will only deal with so much before I'm going to ask for your supervisor.

And I have no qualms about putting my complaints about BCBS customer service on my public blog. They are a large company with more money than probably some countries have. I have been a loyal customer, despite rising premiums, for the past four years, and I expect, if nothing else, to at least feel respected when I call. Yes, I am entitled to it b/c I paid for it. Clearly, that doesn't mean I will get it.

Maybe this poor girl was having a bad day. I understand. But that is no excuse. At least talk to me like a human being, and I will be your best call all day long.

Sincerely,

Former BCBS Blue Advantage Customer

Comments

Popular Posts