Well, well, well.

Passion. It's a complicated word. Society uses it a lot. We throw it around casually, maybe every day. What are your passions. Who are you passionate about. Passion passion passion.

I kind of get sick of hearing about it.

But it is a big deal to me. As I have learned that often things are a big deal to me, and they aren't to most other well-adjusted people. To me, big deals are being in agony or experiencing dramatic personal turmoil over something. Alls I can figure is that I am sensitive, sometimes overly, and I've been told, tender-hearted, too compassionate. Whatever.

Passion. I take it seriously.

Some of the biggest insults I have ever received have been questions regarding my passion for something. I felt so betrayed. Didn't these people realize I have given myself over for this cause/relationship?
I wanted to scream at them, "WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT FROM ME? YOU CAN'T HAVE MY SOUL!"

Well, this made me look seriously at myself and at how I was projecting. Something must have been off. Well, clearly. The two incidents that I am thinking of now have proven themselves not worthy of my passion. But nonetheless I am writing about them because it still affects me. At the time, or in the present, I don't want someone to misjudge my intentions. How can I convey my strong feelings? Don't I already wear them enough on my sleeve? Would the situations have turned out differently if my passion was perceived as such? And how was it perceived instead?

Well, I think it's just in these cases, the situations were just wrong, and out of my control. And like I've said, and all of you know by now, I think way too much about something and it comes up again from time to time. But I think part of my lot here on this earth is to write about things. Whether or not it is good or bad, I know I have to do it. Hah. And whether or not I have readers...well, I guess that's not part of the deal. :) I can write for myself, just fine. :)

How's that for passion?





FYI webster.com's entry on passion:
(notice the first one. intense. kinda makes you really think seriously about how you apply that word...)

Main Entry: pas·sion
Pronunciation: \ˈpa-shən\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin passion-, passio suffering, being acted upon, from Latin pati to suffer — more at patient
Date: 13th century
1 often capitalized a : the sufferings of Christ between the night of the Last Supper and his death b : an oratorio based on a gospel narrative of the Passion
2 obsolete : suffering
3 : the state or capacity of being acted on by external agents or forces
4 a (1) : emotion (2) plural : the emotions as distinguished from reason b : intense, driving, or overmastering feeling or conviction c : an outbreak of anger
5 a : ardent affection : love b : a strong liking or desire for or devotion to some activity, object, or concept c : sexual desire d : an object of desire or deep interest

Comments

Popular Posts