The more things change, the more they stay the same.

OKAY, so I know it's been a while, but I just read an article that catapulted me up on my soapbox. "To Charge your iPod, Plug in Your Jeans?" There are people starving and dying all over this rock and yet there are some nerds in a lab somewhere spending money to mix chemicals together so that everyone can charge their expensive iPods or cell phones THROUGH THEIR JEANS? Because that seems like an important piece of news right there. I know everyone has been waiting on a solution to this "charging problem."

Ridiculous.

Um, hello. Last time I checked, iPods and cell phones came with chargers that you plugged into the WALL. With no problems. What other stupid, easy thing are they going to make even more stupid and even more easy? It's this mindset and direction that add to Americans being lazy and fat. I'm not trying to hate on Apple, people with iPods or cell phones (as that would be nearly everyone including myself), or even those smart people that sit in rooms and figure this crap out, but come on. I know the world must go on and it will with or without me, but with all the suffering in it, and especially right now, do we have to read about some new sciencey fad called "energy textiles"?

Well no. I guess I could have stopped reading the article. But I read it with my mouth open, disbelieving that it was actually something r e a l. I'm sure some people think it is cool. "Hey look guys, my jeans can charge up my iPod!" No you freak. I want to wear my jeans and I don't want them to have any kind of electrical charge. They should lay dormant, covering my legs and have no energetic qualities whatsoever except for the fact that I am wearing them.

:)

Sigh. Okay, coming down now. Shew. That was a quick one.

Comments

Popular Posts